This month, Style Republic Magazine partnered with renowned sweet factory, Purdys Chocolatier, some of its favourite Vancouver-based chefs, and restaurants to bring chocolate into the kitchen. Here's the scoop: Not only can you recreate these dishes at home, but we also encourage you to vote for your favourite creations; this is a contest! The winning chef will receive a year's worth of free chocolate from Purdys Chocolatier. Our readers (that's you) can also enter for a chance to win a year's worth of free chocolate from Purdys Chocolatier by subscribing to our newsletter, and sharing the link to your favourite recipe on Twitter or Facebook; don't forget to include the official hashtag: #SRxPURDYS. For official sweepstakes guidelines, click here. Good luck everyone, and happy cooking!
Watch: How It's Made
Watch YEW Restaurant's Chef Bruno Feldeisen create his Purdys' Peru Dark Chocolate Financier with Himalayan Pink Salt Caramel Sauce.
Dark Chocolate Financier
1) Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, and then add 240g of brown butter.
2) Make a soft meringue (see ingredients list) and fold into the above mixture.
3) Fold the final mixture into a mold and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Pink Himalayan Pink Salt Caramel Sauce
1) In a medium sauce pan cook the water, sugar and corn syrup until the mixture turns into a light golden color.
2) Whisk in the cream and bring to a quick boil. Stain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Allow to cool down.
3) Cut each Purdys' Himalayan Pink Salt Caramel into 4 pieces and fold into the cooled caramel.
Every great recipe needs taste testers. In this case, Style Republic Magazine asked its own Editor-in-Chief, Brittany Law, and web-renowned Vancouverite Rebecca Bollwitt to take on the task of making sure each submission was up to snuff. If you plan on making this dish at home, rest assured that taste testers won't be difficult to find...